- Supporting Exceptionally Able Students
Supporting Special Needs Education
- Guidelines for Teachers of Students with General Learning Disabilities
- Companion document to Guidelines for Teachers of Students with General Learning Disabilities
- Art, Craft and Design
- Home Economics
- Physical Education
- Social, Personal and Health Education
- Technology Education
- Children in Detention and Care Schools and Settings
- Intercultural Education
- Junior Certificate School Programme
EAL Post-Primary Assessment Kit
The tests of English language proficiency presented in this book were developed by Integrate Ireland Language and Training (IILT), (David Little, Barbara Lazenby Simpson, Bronagh Finnegan Catibusic) with the help of language support teachers working in post-primary schools around the country.
The tests are based on the first three levels of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which correspond to the three proficiency levels (1, 2 and 3) used by the Department of Education and Science. In designing the tests every effort has been made to select tasks that students encounter regularly in their language support classes and to design scoring procedures that will achieve accurate results provided the tests are administered strictly according to the instructions provided.
Draft tests were presented at in-service seminars for post-primary language support teachers as follows: speaking and writing in autumn 2004, reading in spring 2005, listening in autumn 2005. Each set of tests was piloted by language support teachers working in different parts of the country. Feedback indicated that the tests were easy to administer and elicited an accurate representation of students’ English language proficiency. At the end of the piloting process the tests were revised on the basis of student performance and detailed feedback from teachers.
- Education for Sustainable Development
Traveller culture and history in the curriculum
This audit considers:
- the place of Traveller culture and history in the existing curriculum, from early childhood to senior cycle
- the current intercultural education guidelines and other resources for schools in relation to Travellers
- the opportunities for teaching about Traveller culture and history and how it is incorporated into existing curricular subjects.