*NEW for 2022 – three additional templates
The following templates (1-12) can be used for reporting from junior infants to the mid-term in sixth class.
*Templates 10, 11 and 12 may be especially useful for children who are currently working with support plans in primary school.
The new templates identifying learning needs, goals or targets are editable using www.adobe.com/reader (which is free to use)
- Complete your report card template: User Guide 1
- Print a blank template and handwrite your reports: User Guide 2
- Template 1
- Template 2
- Template 3
- Template 4
- Template 5
- Template 6
- Template 7
- Template 8
- Template 9
- Template 10
- Template 11
- Template 12
From 2014/2015, schools have been required to use the end-of-year 6th Class Report Card. The report card was developed to support the dual purpose of reporting to parents and transferring pupil information to post-primary schools.
The report card is part of the Education Passport materials developed to support schools in sharing information about children's learning with the relevant post-primary schools.
- 6th Class Report Card Template
- User Guide 1: Saving and printing the 6th Class Report Card template to complete in handwriting
- User Guide 2: Saving and printing the 6th Class Report Card template to complete on computer
- Completing report cards: Guide for primary teachers
- Completing the 6th Class Report Card: Guide for primary teachers
Find out how schools used the Report Card Creator and the report card templates
Sample report cards
Share your completed report card on this page by sending it to email@example.com.
Below are a few examples of report cards across a range of school types: